Saturday, May 27, 2006

Its Not Raining Here

Weather: blue sky, occasionaly occluded by cummulus clouds, back to normal 90+ temp for May

Activity: Procrastinating.

Plans:
1. Continue procrastinating and occasionally irritating people I know by posting annonymous irrelevant comments on their blogs, so that they will wonder who is reading their blog.

2. Writing an NPR "This I Believe" about what it means to be a true American.

3. .Waiting for the Wayward e to call.

4. Bouncing on the bed to wake the cat.

5. Poisoning the poison ivy. I tried to erradicate it 8 years ago, but it has managed to re-infiltrate, using the honeysuckle, muscadine and English Ivy for cover , but I have a brand new sprayer and fifty bucks worth of herbicide. We'll see who wins this time. Better living through chemicals.

6. Writing an NPR "This I Believe" on what it means to be a member of homo sapiens as opposed to homo asapiens, or whatever the latin might be that would allow me to offend the maximum number of people.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Wayward E said...

"Bouncing on the bed to wake the cat," hmm? That's my hobby too. Except that Vita is terrified of the bed--something about our fake down comforter is very disturbing to her. So I usually bounce on the couch. Or the computer chair. Or anywhere, really.

10:33 AM  
Blogger The Wayward E said...

Hey, keep blogging! You're one of my favorite authors.

10:33 AM  
Blogger The Wayward E said...

Hey, remember when I used to say that you should be a professional singer? =D I was thinking about the "My Lover He Was A Logger" song today--I can only recall the chorus, but it is a fond recollection.

10:35 AM  
Blogger The Wayward E said...

Oh, and another thing. Don't get too uppity with the poison ivy. I've seen how well your ivy battles have gone in the past. Ivy: scored a million itchy red hits. Mom: zero. So just be cautious. That plant has got your number, dude.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Andrew Mills said...

heh. "the wayward e" sounds like a band named after a roaming ecstacy pill.

and if you actually submit your "this, i believe" to morning edition, and they let you read it on the air, be sure to let me know so i can be listening that day. i'll probably be listening, anyway. but just in case. that would be so cool. i'd roll down the van window and be screaming "OH MY GOD! I KNOW THE LADY ON THE RADIO! THIS IS SO COOL!" into morning traffic.

the weather here is actually really nice. it's barely sixty degrees and cloudy. which is really nice break for late may. i've heard that people in seattle actually have to wear jackets sometimes in july. this makes me so happy i could cry.

and you should really keep blogging. it makes me very happy to read what you have to say.

--the prodigal son

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home